Tuesday, March 12, 2013

stock the bar


It is official, my sister's wedding festivities are in full force! She has her first shower this weekend {Couple's Stock the Bar} thanks to one of the J +  J's closest friends, Wes and Emily. I can already tell you it's going to be a blast {even if I'm flying solo} because I haven't seen Jesse in light years and it's going to be great to catch up with all their college friends I've met a time or two. Now my biggest concern {in most occasion's} is what the heck am I going to wear?! I've got a few options and definitely want to get out of my all-I-wear-is-black comfort zone. I'm thinking something fresh and bright. After all, spring is in the air! Oh, and any suggestions on what to bring as a gift is much appreciated - I don't want to go with just an ordinary bottle of wine or liquor. As for a few inspiration pieces, this is what I have in mind . . .

1) Dazzling blue hues and leopard print is a fun take that can easily transition from shower to going out for a glass of wine after. Spice it up with my favorite makeup basics: pink lip, long lashes, and a scent of vanilla for sweetness.
a wedding shower


2) Pink, black, and sparkly embellishments make this number vava voom. Special details {hello sparkles} in each piece make this outfit a little bit more special. Keep it clean with a nude lip and liquid liner on the top lid.
Untitled #69


3) Hot pink is sweet and sassy with a mix of  an animal print pump and powder blue. I love a great solid shift dress because you can wear it a million different ways. Add on accessories and embellishments for a whole different look. For example, this would look stellar if you added an emerald green belt, drop gold earrings, and a pale sea wedge.   
pretty in pink

No comments:

Post a Comment