Monday, March 19, 2012

adventures

Well, it's official. I love the New York. It's definitely a totally different lifestyle and culture than here in the south, but that is what makes it so intriguing. Not that I'm going to live there forever, but 3 months this fall is going to be incredible {I can feel it in my bones}! I took a few snap shots throughout the week, each one holds a story so I'll try my best to tell them short and sweet.

-

First up on the left was on Wednesday where I was circling upper Manhattan searching for the Pucci office. I turned the corner and saw this surprisingly neat waterfall area! On the right was on my first venture out in the city Monday morning. A beautiful day to sit in Union Square Park and people watch!

Oh the Chelsea Market, I can't explain my love for this place! It was the only area I went back to multiple times. It's a neat little shopping area in Chelsea, obviously, but it's right across the street from Tod's office. The Chelsea Market is full of eating places {some sit down restaurants, but mostly free stands}, little specialty shops, and a random Anthropologie {which by the way, their spring set up is so pretty}! The first time I walked in a man was playing Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah, which was very cool entertainment!

The food in New York is just as different as the people. I obviously like sandwiches if you can't tell by the photo below, but the coolest one has to be from Bar Suzette's located in the Chelsea Market {who would've guessed?!} Anyway, you pick out which kind of crepe filling you want and they prepare it right in front of you. All the fixings are folded into a crepe and handed to you in a cone-like paper holder. Cool right? And definitely delicious!


Here's a snap shot of 3 of the offices that I visited. The one on the far left is Tory Burch, upper right is Tod's, and lower right is Michael Kors.

The city that truly never sleeps. Well, that's it! It was a wonderfully exhausting week and I can't wait to share with you all where I end up! Prayers are still welcome that I find the right home for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment