Friday, July 18, 2014

Happy Weekend!

photo credit
So much goodness is going on right now.
I feel like I have finally settled into living in Manhattan {almost a year in the making}. This week I realized how thankful I am for a job I continue to love, one that is developing me personally & the growth of my future career. I've made some great friendships {which is hard to come by not only later in life - aka after college, but especially in this city}. They bring a lot of laughter, dinner parties, & weekend shenanigans.
Okay, enough on my emotional spiel. But life is two thumbs up right now.
Monday started off with stormy weather & a to-do list that had two columns worth of bullet points. Stress levels were out of the roof & the week seemed daunting. Luckily, as the week progressed and one yellow highlighter out of ink, almost all the points are marked off! Hooray!!!
Besides, two great things happened this week.
#1 Monday I got to see an old friend from Alabama. I hadn't seen Corbin in two, maybe three years {yikes!!!}. It was such a delight and good for the soul to see a familiar face.
#2 Broadway Bites is happening right outside my office. Thank goodness my friends & coworkers are foodies too. I'm almost embarrassed about how much amazingness I ate for lunch. I'm talking basil rice balls, pulled pork sandwiches, & cannoli's.
Oh the cannoli's!
If you're in town, check it out. Broadway Bites is here until August 1st!
Any weekend plans? I'm meeting up with old friends and finishing the book I started a month ago. Better late than never, right? Have a great weekend & enjoy these fun links . . .
 
A 90s throwback for your weekend 
I loved Jillian on The Bachelorette. Here's her adorable clothing line that just launched!
These facts are fascinating
Although I don't consider myself an introvert, these are some great tips on networking
A food-lover's dream blog
Weekend outfit inspiration
I've said it before, I love her writing & this is just another example

No comments:

Post a Comment