Friday, August 26, 2011

day 4

Yep that's right, Jess and I woke up at 6am to get to GMA! I have to admit, I've only seen the show just a few times, but my sister is an avid viewer. So we woke up bright and early, walked the 4 miles to the studio in Times Square. Lucky us, but we were up front and our parents back home in Birmingham saw us! It was well worth the early morning and long walk.

Walking towards Chinatown and Little Italy again.

This time we really found the heart of both! It was definitely a sight worth seeing. Especially in Chinatown where the locals go grocery shopping. I saw some very authentic foods that I particularly will never eat {weird shaped mushrooms, saw a chicken hanging in a window}!


We made our way down to the financial district which had some of the most beautiful buildings I've ever seen!






We made our way to the Brooklyn Bridge!


Even met this couple who had just gotten married in the courthouse and were taking their wedding pictures on the bridge!



Last stop was the Trade Center Memorial Site. Definitely touching.

"Dedicated to those who fell and to those who carry on."

"May we never forget."



Not pictured is our wait at the airport home. We were scheduled a flight that left LaGaurdia at 8pm. Due to weather our flight was cancelled to the next day. Need less to say, Jessica and I "slept" in the airport over night which based on our experience, one should never do!


This trip although short, was well worth the early mornings and late nights! I think we packed a lot of sight seeing and shopping in the short days we were there! I CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment