Monday, January 7, 2013

life lately | fresh start

Hi there! Sorry for the lack of regular blog posts. It was a much needed break from the real world and time was spent with family and friends {hello family game nights and weekends at the lake}. I am still getting used to this "real world" life and so ready to start the next chapter in my life {New York is calling my name}! Until then, I have started some visual merchandising work at my previous job, re-decorated my parents guest bedroom to make it feel more homey, and spend weekend nights drinking tea while browsing the isles of Barnes and Noble. Yes, you read that correctly. I skipped out on going out with friends to pick up some books and drink a nice cup of hot tea - it was glorious! I think you all just met the inner nerd, ha! Anyway, tonight will be fun as I'm meeting up with sweet friends to watch the National Championship game - Roll Tide!

finally got this gem!


One of my new year resolutions is to run a half marathon. I'm starting training today by a 3 day green detox and going by this track for running . . .


 
Green Detox: I did this one over the summer and loved it! I drink the smoothie for two meals and leafy greens {spinach and kale} for dinner.
 
 
2 handfuls of spinach,
1 cup of greek yogurt
half of a banana
1 cup of water
Combine all ingredients in a blender and fill the remainder with ice. Puree and enjoy!

1 comment: