Monday, February 11, 2013

good people brewery | luella and the sun


Supporting the locals is always one of my favorite things to do - whether it be local grown food, artists, musicians, etc. Last night, I went to my first brewery in Birmingham. It's funny how I've spent my whole life in Birmingham, yet I never knew the hidden gems it had to offer. I found a gold mine last night thanks to my friend Anna, called Good People Brewery. I tasted most of their brews and my favorite has to be the Coffee Oatmeal Stout - talk about dessert in a glass, yum! But the stand out of the night was the music. Although not local, Luella & the Sun come from Nashville {my favorite city in the south}. Luella has such a sweet personality and a soulful voice. She has a raspy blues voice and sings the most beautiful gospel songs and her own tunes.


No comments:

Post a Comment