Monday, October 8, 2012

I know I'm not Julie, but read anyway!!

Hello be inspired readers! I believe introductions are in order. My name is Lauren Butterworth and until recently I was Julie's roommate. She left me for the exciting life of a New York City girl! But before she did, she left me with an important task...to post relevant and meaningful information on this blog every day this week. Now, I'm not a blogger but I have some ideas so bear with me. Today...

MUSIC MONDAY!!!

Music is one of my obsessions. {Notice I said one. You may learn more of them throughout the week} Anyways, I love finding all kinds of different music. {Did Julie ever tell you about our trip to a hardcore screamo concert?}

Here are some of my recent obsessions:

-If you like pretty music, beautiful songwriting, and tasteful piano solos then this is your song! I love his soulful voice and playful melodies!
Dan Mills - Mama in the Corner

If you liked that one, here's one more for good measure!
Dan Mills - Socks

This is a great mix of R&B and hip hop! Thanks Sarah for the suggestion.
Frank Ocean - Thinkin Bout You

Another group I'm really into right now is Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. They have a really mellow but powerful sound {not to mention this song is featured in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1} I believe we've uncovered another one of my obsessions! Anyways, back to the song...
Nick Cave - O Children

Time for some hometown glory! This band is from Mobile, AL and they rock!
Alabama Shakes - Hold On

This Thursday I am going to the Avett Brothers concert! {Ahh, can't wait} They are one of my all-time favorite bands with a folk rock/indie sound. Here are two of my favorites:

Talk on Indolence 

Head Full of Doubt/Road Full of Promise

Love them? I sure hope so! I know it's a lot to listen to, but that's just a look into the music I am currently interested in.

Thanks for reading! Tune in tomorrow for TRAVEL TUESDAY!! Blogging's fun!
-Lauren





1 comment:

  1. So witty LB! Great song choices and I am über jealous about Thursday, love grace potter too!

    ReplyDelete