Wednesday, May 8, 2013

how to | wear a stripe tee


A stripe pattern is most adorned in my closet and is especially a summer essential. There are so many ways to wear a stripe tee: paired with a flowy floral skirt, ripped boyfriend jeans, a blush maxi, and my favorite, jorts {aka jean shorts}.


Stripes & Florals? | Yep, it's a trend that I was weary about at first, but put together correctly turn these two unexpected patterns looking cool. Keep the accessories simple and muted like pretty monotone drop earrings and gold arm candy.
stripe tee + floral


The Weekend | I'm all about no fuss when it comes to the weekend or an off day {read: two day hair that's either loose waves or up in a top knot}. Boyfriend jeans are a sure staple for me this season. They're relaxed, super comfy, and paired with a stripe tee keeps this simple look fresh. I'm pretty sure I wore this outfit this past weekend.

stripe tee + boyfriend jeans

The Maxi | Rachel Zoe turned me in to a maxi lover. They're super easy to dress up or down. Paired with this stripe tee and fedora makes it urban enough to shop at markets on the weekend. Come night time, switch out your flats with strappy sandals and add sparkly earrings.
stripes + maxi

At the Beach | Jorts are my go-to bottom for when the weather does not permit for long jeans any more {especially once June hits in Alabama - talk about 100 degrees and the sun blazing}. When I'm visiting friends and family in Florida, we always go to the beach for a while, but sometimes we'll do a bit of shopping before or after. To prevent being that girl in a see-through cover up, I'd opt for a tee and shorts.
stripes on a beach day

No comments:

Post a Comment