Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Friends That Travel | Mallory

 
Few things are as lovely as going on a new adventure in the summer! As a teacher, I take every single travel opportunity I can over my summer break. First stop: Stamford, CT to visit a best friend from college. As I've traveled more often, I've realized that relying on a carry-on and not checking baggage is the way to go. I've also learned that summer travel requires a few essentials. 
 
 
 1) A maxi dress | I have a maxi dress obsession. A good basic dress like the one pictured is my too essential travel item. It's easy to throw a cute cardigan or an airy sweater over it for flying or casual roaming around your new surroundings. For a night out on the own, grab some wedges to dress is up!

2) A sheer top | This is a close second to my obsession with maxi dresses. A sheer, flowy shirt is the perfect summer travel option. It can go from a precious beach cover up, a casual shirt to pair with shorts for a lunch date, or with white jeans and a great statement necklace for dinner.

3) A colorful necklace | I am loving long necklaces this season. A bright and colorful one is perfect to dress up that maxi for a night out, or over a plain tee and jeans to pull an outfit together.

4) A great book | Kisses from Katie is what I'm currently burying my nose in (for the 3rd time). It's a wonderful story of a 20-something who found herself in Uganda, adopting children, and starting a non-profit by the grace of God. No matter where I'm going, a great book for the airplane or the beach to read is lovely.

5) A camera | Last, but not least, my camera is with me at all times. My big purchase last summer was a Nikon D3000 and I am still in love. I love the quality of the photos and capturing every moment of a new adventure.

Happy traveling!
 
- Mallory

P.S. Mallory is about to go on a twelve day mission trip to Ghana. Please pray for her and the team she is going with for safe travels and that God would be glorified in everything that happens in the duration of their trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment