Wednesday, February 27, 2013

banana nut bread

 
One of my favorite things to munch on in the mornings {or afternoons, heck even for dinner} is a slice of homemade banana nut bread. Sometimes I have a bad habit of buying bananas and forgetting about them. A couple days later and they are on the counter with brown spots on them . . . a definite doozy {perhaps it is because I like my bananas when they are still a little green, I know that's kind of strange, my mother tells me that every time I eat one}. Luckily for me, I did just that last week which resulted with a sweet batch of banana bread that made the house smell delicious! I had enough bananas to make two batches so split the recipe in half to make a normal batch.
 
6 bananas, smashed
1 cup softened butter
3 cups flour
1 1/2 cup of sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans {optional}
Pam Non-Stick Cooking Spray
 
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray your bread loaf pans with Pam. Cream sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and butter. In a separate bowl, mix together your dry ingredients and slowly add them to the wet mix. Fold in your smashed bananas. At this point you can pour the mixture into your baking dish if you just want plain banana bread. But I prefer them with nutty pecans, so fold the pecans into the mixture and then transfer to your baking dish.
About an hour later and you have these glorious loaves of banana nut bread. This double batch made one large {non-pecan loaf} and three little loaves {but as you can see one and a half are already gone thanks to a hungry teenage brother, ha!}
 

2 comments:

  1. This sounds AMAZING!
    Definitely going to be trying this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. I shouldn't have come across this post right before dinner. My mouth is watering and i can practically taste this bread. Banana bread is my FAVORITE!

    Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete