Wednesday, April 3, 2013

coconut couscous with feta cheese & parsley

 
I believe in having at least one day a week that is totally meat-free. There are tons of great recipes out there and here recently I have been cooking with quinoa and couscous. Both of these are great alternatives to meat and after eating I feel satisfied. I love the simplicity of couscous in that you can put just about anything with it and it turns out delicious. I've done roasted eggplant and butternut squash, a version of fried rice, and today I've prepared it with three key ingredients: feta cheese, coconut milk, and parsley. It was wonderfully light, quick, and delicious.


 
1 1/4 cup of couscous
1/2 cup water
1 cup coconut milk
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup of fresh chopped parsley
1/2 cup crumbled feta - more or less you don't like it
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
 
In a small pot, bring water and coconut milk to a boil. Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine couscous, butter, salt and pepper. When the liquids are brought to a boil, pour over your couscous mixture. Stir and cover for 10 minutes. Add in chopped parsley and crumbled feta. Fluff with a fork and put in a serving dish. It's a quick and easy meal for a week night. Did I mention how good it is both warm and cold?

No comments:

Post a Comment