Monday, October 22, 2012

weekend roundup

NYC amazes me day by day. I have been here for an official two weeks and can't believe how they have flown by! The girls and I had an eventful weekend starting off by making a "must see" list that is growing every day. We marked a lot off this weekend, which was a plus because since then we've added a bunch more to do.
 Saturday we decided to shop around the Flat Iron District. I believe this building belongs in Harry Potter don't you think?
After we walked all around downtown, we met up with some girls in our program at The Ainsworth to watch the Alabama v. UT game! And of course it was a blast watching the Tide win! Did I mention my bachelor/bachelorette sightings? Kate and I were on the way to dinner Friday night and walked right past Ali Fedotowsky and then apparently Chris Bukowski was at The Ainsworth during the game. I thought I had walked past him at some point in the night, but didn't actually think it was him . . . guess what?! It was!
But my favorite part of the weekend was Sunday when some girls and I decided to go on an afternoon cruise around Manhattan! It was absolutely stunning and the weather was perfect {except when the sun went down and it was freezing}. We saw all parts of Manhattan {including the Statue of Liberty, Harlem, Yankee Stadium, and Columbia University}! Who knew NYC had some beautiful views of greenery?
world trade center

Statue of Liberty

Annie, myself, Alyssa, and Kate

Yankee Stadium





George Washington Bridge
The 20th bridge we went under. Literally.

Who knew Manhattan could be this beautiful without all the skyscrapers?!


Did you know those little things on the tops of the buildings hold water? Yep, they're water towers that are filled with water from underground.


No comments:

Post a Comment