Monday, January 5, 2015

taking stock | 01

photo credit
Cooking: mom's recipe for steak & tomatoes for dinner
Drinking: apple cinnamon tea at midnight. by default, its when I get my best reading in.
Reading: James Patterson's First Love
Wanting: to go back to holiday vacation. home was good for the soul.
Looking: forward to the weekend
Playing: scrabble - probably my favorite Christmas gift this year
Wasting: time by binge watching The Wire (six episodes in one day is a little excessive, no?)
Wishing: I was back in Franklin - love that little town
Enjoying: a good nights rest
Feeling: refreshed & rejuvenated
Waiting: for this cold spell to leave the city
Liking: early mornings & coffee
Wondering: why in the world I chose to live in Manhattan and why I left my friends & family back in the south. But then I think to myself I am having the best experience of my life. I wake up in the morning & go to a job that I love. I have met some pretty special people & have never been more challenged with my beliefs & cultural differences than I am encountering right now.
Loving: an empty email mailbox - 223 emails read and responded to after 2 weeks off from work!
Hoping: I can stick with my New Year's goals
Needing: someone to organize my closet - didn't I just do it before I left?!
Smelling: my new & old fragrances. I have a thing for velvety woods, extravagant florals, & seductive musk
Making: goat cheese & sweet pepper salad for lunch this week
Wearing: a sweatshirt, leggings, & socks - sexy, I know.
Following: this quote | "Do stuff. Be clenched, curious. Not waiting for inspiration's shove or society's kiss on your forehead. Pay attention. It's all about paying attention. Attention is vitality. It connects you with others. It makes you eager. Stay eager." - Susan Sontag
Knowing: my goals & going after them
Thinking: about my 25th birthday coming this year - gosh I'm getting old haha
Bookmarking: songs to listen to
Opening: my book for this month's book club reading
Feeling: full of life

No comments:

Post a Comment